Friday, February 24, 2023

Den of Thieves




Once upon a darkened night,

There came a message from my computer light, 

The alerting sound, drove me mad,

It wouldn’t let up; it’s musings so sad

How aggressive the messages came, 

Never could I imagine, their guilt and shame


I clearly remember it was late February,

Love had come and gone, though relentlessly they queried

The fattened cows, inked and splotched

Dared to critique my letters, beneath the trash they’d buried

And carried on with their woeful tales

Relinquishing mine to the trash bin of hell


And the flowing letters, that relished their eyes

The truthful plot and characters divine,

Did not sway their piggish hearts;

No, they still, my words, vomited on each line

With, their plucking and grit, that scraped my mind

And blobby bodies, spandex oozing, lies


Deep into their hearts I peered,

Insightful truths, from my eyes they feared

Fighting the hate they so long abhorred,

That seeped from their mouths and minds untold

I only heard their tapping and jeering,

My pleadings upon blank minds, went unheeded


Back to the writing I’d so long forgotten

I ran to the light, from the darkness a fighting

I slammed the door and bolted the lock,

Never to open again for their knock

Their countenance, faked a lady,

Nothing to offer, nothing within they gave me


This rapping, tapping, persistence dark

I hid away, blocking out their grimness stark

See! The light radiates all around 

Letters create, joyful words abound

Golden pages, drove away, the harassing den 

Thieves, one and all, never shall I appease, never again 




Image by Mystic Art Design from Pixabay